Meet the global discipline head for production operations
Andy Jackson is the Global Discipline Head and is based in Rijswijk, the Netherlands.
“We are a great discipline of more than 2,000 global professionals. Our influence on the business is significant. Most of our people work at the coal face or support those who do to ensure safe and efficient production every day. Production Operators participate in all phases of an asset’s lifecycle, from conceptual engineering input through to design, build, commission, operate and abandon. We do this in 25 countries. Production Operations is the asset custodian and that means we run the asset to ensure daily production volumes are optimised and that people working on our assets do so safely.
Field operations roles allow for leadership of teams whilst other roles require strong influencing skills. As Operations we are the spider in the web, working collaboratively with other departments to understand their business in order to be effective challengers with the ability to optimise bottom line performance.”
Key areas you’ll connect with are:
- Operating and maintaining existing wells and facilities to high integrity standards,
- Managing day-to-day operations, with a strong focus on safety and environmental issues,
- Balancing day-to-day operational priorities with longer-term strategic objectives,
- Field development planning and project support,
- Logistics for Major Projects and existing fields,
- Managing contracts and the performance of contractors within an oil and gas field operations.