Main content | back to top
News and Media Releases
Shell Ireland welcomes EPA final determination on IE licence
With the Corrib facilities technically ready for start-up, Shell awaits the final regulatory approval and looks forward to delivering gas and the many long-term benefits that will flow from Corrib.
Notes to Editors:
- The Corrib gas field was discovered in 1996 and is located 83km off the North West Mayo Coast. The field contains an estimated 1 trillion cubic feet of gas.
- At peak production, Corrib has the potential to meet up to 60% of Ireland’s gas needs.
- More than 6,000 people have worked on the Corrib Gas Project in North Mayo since 2004 making it Ireland’s largest ever energy investment.
- Over €1.1 billion has been spent with 300 world-class Irish contractors, sub-contractors and consultancies.
- The Corrib gas field will sustain 175 high quality long term jobs for the next 15-20 years.
- The Corrib Gas Partners are Shell E&P Ireland Limited (45% and operators), Statoil Exploration Ireland Limited (36.5%) and Vermilion Energy Ireland Limited (18.5%).
- For further information please visit www.shell.ie